COURSES AND WORKSHOPS ON OFFER
While the Guild is run by members for members, you do not need to be a member to enrol in beginners courses and most workshops. Prerequisites for enrolment are shown in the course or workshop description.
- Bead Making (also known as Lampwork)
- Fusing, Slumping, Kiln Carving & Pot Melts
- Glass Painting and Decorating
- Leadlighting & Copper Foiling
- Sandblasting & Engraving
How to enrol
Enrolments are online with preferred payment made by secure direct transfer. Payment details are in the enrolment forms linked at the end of each course or workshop.
The Guild has a “Pay before you Play” policy. Registration and payment is to be finalised 4 days before a course or workshop begins. If minimum numbers are not reached, the course may be cancelled or postponed and a full refund given.
Courses are run over a series of weeks. The tutor guides students through specific techniques in the case of beginners, or, assists in developing technique in the intermediate setting. Students generally work on their own projects. Courses are provided for Beginner students where no experience is required, and, Intermediate, where further skills, techniques, short cuts and tips are covered with a tutor to assist.
Workshops are short term, often one day, and differ to a course in that the focus is on completing a specific project designed and led by the tutor. Workshops may be for beginner students where no previous experience is necessary or, for experienced students who want to try something different and have fun.
If the Guild cancels a course you will receive a full refund, or, if you wish, a credit towards another course in the same calendar year.
If you withdraw from a course,
- 2 weeks, or more, before commencement date, your enrolment fee will be refunded, minus a $50.00 processing fee.
- under 2 weeks of commencement of the course, payment will be refunded, minus a $50.00 processing fee, only if another student is, or becomes, available to take your place.
- under 3 days before commencement date, no refunds or credits will be given.