Having been a Creative Glass Guild member for more than 10 consecutive years, your Annual membership from 1 February each year is half price at $50
In addition to the sharing of knowledge, improvement of skills and camaraderie, members enjoy many benefits, including:
- Borrowing Library: Access to borrow from an extensive collection of glass art and pattern books.
- Brisbane Visual Arts Committee (BVAC): Opportunities to participate in BVAC “Pop Up” sales activities under the Guild’s umbrella.
- Discounts on purchases: Able to purchase glass, tools and other related materials usually cheaper than retail.
- Enrolment in Intermediate courses: Work on your own projects under guidance from a tutor, or experienced member. Minimum fees apply. Enrolment online is necessary. Note Pay Before you Play requirement.
- Hire of kilns and sandblaster: After pre-requisite training in use and care, hiring for nominal fee. Training is part of a Beginners Fusing and Slumping and Sandblasting courses.
Note: While booking calendars are located in Kiln & Sandblasting areas to check availability and to place bookings, course requirements will take precedence.
- Members’ Project Times: Provided for members under the Guild’s conditions for participation
- Participation in Annual Exhibition: Ability to display and sell items at the Guild’s Annual Exhibition, as well as entry to the People’s Choice Award and judged Special Theme Award.
- Special Events: Invitation to “Members Only” courses or workshops, Christmas function and other organised activities.
- Use of Equipment and small tools use: Use of a range of items to work on projects at the Guild – grinders, hand tools, soldering irons, cutting mats, light boxes, and more. No charge applies.
- Use of bead making facilities: Studios, torches and tools available for use during Members’ Project Times for a small fee.
Fees and Conditions
Fees are $50.00 per year for new and continuing members and are due each February. Pro-rata joining fees are available for new members depending on which quarter of the year you join.
Conditions for membership and process of approval are explained in S6 & 8 of Rules of the Creative Glass Guild.
Membership fees contribute to running the Creative Glass Guild – insurance, power, purchase and maintenance of equipment, building maintenance and improvements.