Members Project Times
Members are able to use Guild workshop facilities, hire use of the kilns and sandblaster and use tools to work on their own projects without having to enrol in a course where tutors are available.
Guild facilities are for the use of all members. Members are reminded to:
- follow safety requirements of the Guild and care for the equipment. Report faults or breakages via email@example.com
- provide your own glass, other materials and consumable items, such as adhesives, flux, patinas. The items in the “course cupboard/s” are not for general use.
- provide your own timber or polystyrene base for leadlight and copperfoil projects. Shelves are not for this purpose, and boards are for students undertaking beginners courses
- leave hand tools at the Guild. (Limited numbers are available and are for use by students in paid courses.)
- except for Saturdays when shop volunteers are present, accept that shop facilities may not be available
- not remove tools or other items from tutors’ cupboards or storage boxes for use on own projects
- appreciate that the person opening the Guild is there to work on their own projects
- if keeping a “reckoning sheet”, ensure payment is made at the end of each month.
At completion of the project time, members should:
- clean tables and equipment they have used;
- put tools away in the correct place;
- store projects at the Guild on the shelves provided (or take them home);
- tidy the kitchen and glass room and sweep the floor.
Note: Volunteer members open facilities for others to work on their projects. They are working on their own projects. Except for Saturdays, shop facilities will not necessarily be available.
Opening Times for Members’ Project Times
Check the Calendar for special dates or changes before coming to the Guild.
- Mondays 10:00am to 4:30pm; and 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesdays 9:30am to 12:30pm, except for school holidays or as advised on Calendar.
- Fridays 9:30am to 12:30pm, except for school holidays or as advised on Calendar.
- Saturdays 9:00am to 12:00 noon, unless workshop is in use for a weekend course. Members will be advised via email.
At times the Guild may need to close for courses, workshops, maintenance or other emergent priorities. You will be notified by email.