BECOMING A MEMBER
The Guild is run on a membership basis which is explained in our Rules of the Guild (Constitution). Membership fee of $95.00 covers 12 months’ membership and contributes to running the Creative Glass Guild – insurance, power, purchase of new equipment, and use of equipment, its replacement and maintenance.
- Discounts on purchases: The Guild purchases glass, tools and other materials at discounted prices. We pass saving onto members for a small handling charge. Non-members pay retail price or, in some cases, are unable to purchase “difficult-to-get” materials.
- Members’ Project Times: Use of workshop facilities at the Guild and tools to work on one’s own projects without having to enrol in a class. Members provide their own glass, other materials and consumable items.
Note: Safety and care of equipment – Please clean tables and equipment after use.
- Access to hire kilns and sandblaster: Such use requires that pre-requisite training in use and care of equipment has been received.
Note: Use booking calendars located in Kiln & Sandblasting Rooms to check availability and to place bookings.
- Borrowing Library: Access to borrow from an extensive Library of glass art and pattern books.
- Intermediate courses: Enrolment in Intermediate courses, run at cost recovery, and with a tutor to assist in your projects.
- Special Events: Invitation to “Members Only” workshops, Christmas function and other organised activities.
- Participation in Annual Exhibition: Ability to display and sell items at the Guild’s Annual Exhibition, as well as entry to the People’s Choice Award and judged Special Theme Award.
- Brisbane Visual Arts Committee (BVAC): Opportunities to participate in BVAC “Pop Up” sales activities under the Guild’s umbrella and conditions.
Opening Times for Members’ Project Times:
Volunteer members open facilities for others to work on their projects. They are working on their own projects. Except for Saturdays, shop facilities will not necessarily be available. Check the Calendar for special dates or changes
- Mondays 10:00am to 4:30pm; and 6:30pm to 9:00pm (When morning courses are held, project time starts at 1:00pm. Members will be advised.)
- Wednesdays 9:30am to 12:30pm, except for school holidays.
- Fridays 9:30am to 12:30pm, except for school holidays.
- Saturdays 9:00am to 12:00 noon, unless workshop is in use for a weekend course. Members will be advised via email.
How do I become a member?
NEW MEMBERS: Your request to become a member of the Creative Glass Guild is made by completing the online membership form. While approval is being processed as per the Rules, benefits of membership are not available. This may take up to 2 weeks and you will be given a Membership Card which you produce when accessing benefits as described above. Please don’t be offended if you are asked by a volunteer to produce this card when purchasing goods or services.
RENEWING MEMBERS: Renewing membership is also completed online. If payments are in arrears by more than 2 months, the application will be treated as a new membership and continuity of benefits will not be available until approval is received. If payment is not in arrears, your renewal application will be in effect from the expiry date for a period of 12 months.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com